Fisher Island Day School is dedicated to preparing children for entrance into competitive middle schools, for responsible citizenship in a diverse world, and for ongoing learning to lead a fulfilling and meaningful life.
- We strive to create a secure and comfortable environment, one in which children are encouraged to actively investigate their world, recognize their strengths, and learn from their mistakes. This process of learning is as important as the skills mastered or the facilities gained.
- We pursue high levels of academic achievement to ensure that all children realize their full potential.
- We stimulate healthy academic and social development by directly engaging our students with learning materials that are developmentally appropriate and which are presented in a variety of learning modes.
- We expect all members of our school community to show courtesy, respect, and genuine appreciation for the feelings, ideas and work of others.
- We endeavor to create a diverse community of learners to build an understanding of similarities and differences and enrich relationships.
- We promote a close and positive working relationship between the school and the home.